HackaDev 3.0 – Sri Lanka’s Youth Social Innovation Camp is back, with the aim of facilitating meaningful and sustainable participation of youth to find innovative solutions for the current development challenges!
UNDP continues its partnership with Dialog and Ideamart, together with supporting partners Ministry of Disaster Management and UNV Sri Lanka, seeks innovative ideas on the challenge pillars Water, DRR and Peacebuilding.
HackaDev 3.0 will be a two day affair to be held at the Dialog Head Office in Colombo on Friday 31 March and Saturday 01 April 2017. Send in your ideas!
Dates to Remember:
Submission Deadline – 24 March 2017
Announcing of Finalists – 27 March 2017
Hack – Two day event (not overnight) 9 am to 6 p.m. on 31 March and 01 April 2017
- Hackathon Ideas- Projects which identify solutions to the issues mentioned at the Pre-hack and in the Hacker Help folder: https://goo.gl/jGIwz8
- Project Commencement – Shortlisted teams can start designing and creating the basic structure of the project from the day of announcement. Not allowed to bring finalized product.
- Team Size – Teams can have 3-5 humans. You can add 1 cyborg, furby, drone or a sphero.
- Ownership and IP – Teams will have full ownership of the products they build and code.
- Submissions – Ideas needs to be submitted through https://goo.gl/rzDRbQ
- Technologies – Free to use any technology. Use of at least one Dialog Ideamart API would be a definite advantage. visit www.ideamart.lk/idea-pro for more details.
- Demo – All the finalized teams need to demo a working product at the end of the hackathon.
- Judging- Judging panel will consist of representatives from Dialog, Disaster Management Center, UNV, UNDP and industry specialists from technology and business. Judges decision will be final.
- Have Fun – Having Fun is Mandatory!
- Judging Criteria
- Solves a problem in either of the pillars
- Impact and Applicability
- Encourage Volunteerism wherever possible