The 𝗜𝗘𝗘𝗘 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝘂𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗼𝗰𝗶𝗲𝘁𝘆 𝗦𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗕𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗵 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗦𝗿𝗶 𝗟𝗮𝗻𝗸𝗮 𝗧𝗲𝗰𝗵𝗻𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗖𝗮𝗺𝗽𝘂𝘀 has organized “𝗛𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗧𝗿𝗼𝗻 𝘃𝟭.𝟬” which is the first-ever Virtual Game Development Bootcamp and Hackathon in Sri Lanka. We intend a platform to impart knowledge on game development and to develop related practical skills through an analytical background for undergraduates, fresh intern undergraduates and all other enthusiasts, making a new impetus to the game development industry in Sri Lanka.
With two chapters, the entire project is completed in approximately 06 weeks. They are Chapter 01, a 10-day Bootcamp available to all island-wide enthusiasts intrigued in the game development sector, and Chapter 02, a 5-week Hackathon open to all inter-university undergraduates. Through the Boot Camp, enthusiasts can sharpen their knowledge on game development and after sharpening their knowledge, they can create a game with their ideas and compete on the Hackathon to be the best.
𝟭𝟬 𝗗𝗮𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗗𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗽𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗕𝗼𝗼𝘁 𝗖𝗮𝗺𝗽
• The Bootcamp consists mostly of three lessons: Game Developing, Concept Art Designing, and 3D Designing.
• Following the completion of all of these workshops, all participants will be given four tasks: Terrain Designing Task, Scripting Task, 3D Graphic Designing Task and Concept Art/2D Designing Task. Ultimately, the top performers in each task will be recognized and awarded specialization certificates & 2 million worth Game Development Scholarships .
𝗜𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗛𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗻
• First Round – Participants will be asked to submit game development ideas, and 30 of them will be chosen as the finest game development concepts.
• Semi-Final Round – Each team will be asked to compile their ideas into a proposal and submit it to a panel of judges. Following those proposals, ten proposals for the final round will be finalized from each proposal.
• Final Round – Three mentoring sessions will be conducted and mentors will be assigned to each team to help them develop their game development concepts. Then the teams will be invited to demonstrate their developed game ideas in front of a live judge board and an audience on the final day. Finally, cash prizes will be awarded to the top teams
Hackathon Registration Start Date – 05/10/2021
Registration End Date – 12/10/2021
Hackathon Grand Final – 14/11/2021
For More Details Official Web Site – https://bit.ly/hacktron
Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/sltcieeecs